Tuesday, March 16, 2010

THOUGHT-PROVOKING QUOTATIONS (Posted by Nova English Campus)

Nobody has ever expected me to be president. In my poor, lean lank face nobody has ever seen that any cabbages were sprouting. (Abraham Lincoln)

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. (Abraham Lincoln)

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. (Mark Twain)

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. (Mark Twain)

The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not. (Mark Twain)

The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes. (Winston Churchill)

A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have. (Abraham Lincoln)

A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me. (Abraham Lincoln)

All I am, or can be, I owe to my angel mother. (Abraham Lincoln)

The ballot is stronger than the bullet. (Abraham Lincoln)

Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them. (Abraham Lincoln)

Every one desires to live long, but no one desires to grow old. (Abraham Lincoln)

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. (Abraham Lincoln)

I walk slowly, but I never walk backward. (Abraham Lincoln)

1 comment:

Pooja said...

Dear Jacob ji,

Thank you so much for the above mentioned quotations. Here are some wonderful lines by Shakespeare which I really love :

"Sweet are the uses of Adversity" As You Like It

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so". Hamlet

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet". Romeo And Juliet

"But love is blind, and lovers cannot see". The Merchant Of Venice

"A man can die but once". King Henry IV

"My love's more richer than my tongue". King Lear

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind" A Mid Summer Night's Dream

"To mourn a mischief that is past and gone is the next way to draw new mischief on". Othelo

"Cowards die many times before their deaths..." Julius Caesar

"To be, or not to be: that is the question". Hamlet

"Nothing will come of nothing." Hamlet

"Brevity is the soul of wit". Hamlet

I hope you will enjoy these lines. Together we will find some more very interesting and meaningful lines by great men. You know I really follow some of them if remember at times.

With Lots of love,
Pooja