Wednesday, March 10, 2010

THE ENGLISH ERRORS OF INDIAN STUDENTS

A few more mistakes that you must avoid while speaking/writing English.

My father is a businessman. They help me a lot.
(My father is a businessman. HE HELPS me a lot.)

The population of India was increased.
(The population of India increased.)

The Britishers quit India in 1947.
(THE BRITISH quit India in 1947.)

My village people are very co operative.
The PEOPLE OF MY VILLAGE are very co operative.

I'm intersting in reading books.
(I'm INTERESTED in reading books.)

The corrupted officials were arrested.
(The CORRUPT officials were arrested.)

I packed my luggages.
(I packed my LUGGAGE.)

There are many poors in India.
(There are many POOR people in India.)

There is no place in this compartment.
(There is no ROOM in this compartment.)

Write it in your copy.
(Write it in your NOTEBOOK.)

Please put your sign here.
(Please put your SIGNATURE here.)

He hurt his foot-fingers.
(He hurt his TOES.)

We all didn't go.
(None of us went.)

I and he are brothers.
(He and I are brothers.)

My books are better than my friend.
(My books are better than THOSE OF my friend.)

He is elder than I.
(He is OLDER than I.)

Yours affectionate friend.
(YOUR affectionate friend.)
(Yours affectionately.)

Shall I cut this word?
(Shall I SCRATCH OUT / ERASE this word?)

I asked my servant to bring water.
(I TOLD my servant to bring water.)

She made a lecture.
(She GAVE a lecture.)

2 comments:

Pooja said...

Dearest Jacob ji,

Please tell me how do you know all this? I am so impressed. I also come across many people making mistakes but to memorize them and make a proper list and publish them on a regular basis, is something that needs a special skill. I must say you have special talent. Keep up!

With Love,
Pooja

t a said...

Hi Jacob,

Great blog! Thanx... I Keep waiting for more.......
I have a doubt: Can I say "Please sign here", in the sense-"Please put your signature here"?

Waiting for your reply

Regards
Shammi