Thursday, February 4, 2010

Nova English Campus Word of the Day

Here are 20 very useful and stylish slang terms for you:

TIGHTWAD= a miser.
(My room-mate Sandy is really a TIGHTWAD)

FLICK= a film or movie
(Hi guys! What about going for a FLICK this evening?)

SIDEKICK= a person who helps another more important/intelligent person.
(I'm out of city today, please contact my SIDEKICK to get your work done)

HOMEMAKER =a housewife.
(My mother is the best HOMEMAKER in the world!)

COP= a policeman.
(Get out of my home before I call the COPS)

CHOPPER= a helicopter.
(Excuse me, is that the sound of a CHOPPER?)

NUTS= crazy, mad.
(Having ice cream in this freezing evening? Are you NUTS?)

CRAP= nonsense, rubbish, shit.
(Stop talking CRAP, man!)

BOOZE= alcoholic drink, wine.
(Alot of BOOZE was served at the party)

BOOZY= fond of alcoholic drinks.
(He's one of my BOOZY friends)

LOTUS EATER= a person who likes lazy life style.
(Are you gonna marry that LOTUS EATER?)

BRAINY= very intelligent.
(Although he doesn't look great, he's a BRAINY, you know?)

LEFTY / SOUTHPAW= a left-handed sprtsman.
(I think SOUTHPAWS are much more talented)

SAVVY= a person with a lot of knowledge about a particular subject.
(A computer/medical SAVVY)

COUCH POTATO= a person who watches a lot of TV.
(My cousin is a COUCH POTATO)

MOUSE POTATO= a person who is addicted to computer.
(An increasing number of students are becoming MOUSE POTATOES these days)

CHATTER BOX= a very talkative person.
(Jane is such a CHATTERBOX that no one likes her)

TOP GUNS / TOP BRASS= famous and rich people.
(TOP GUNS always escape punishment)

DOUBLE DEALER= a cheat(er).
(How can you work with such a DOUBLE DEALER like John?)

No comments: