Sunday, February 7, 2010

Examples of BLENDS

Hi everybody!
Sorry, I was so busy with a few of my buddies last evening. So I couldn't exemplify the BLENDS which I posted yesterday. Here they are.....

MOTEL= (I prefer a MOTEL to a hotel)
SMOG= (Vehicular traffic may be affected today by the increasing levels of SMOG)

EMOTICON= (Emoticon for 'smile' is :-) , 'lugh' :-D , 'sad' :-(
INFOTAINMENT= (Many TV channels these days telecast INFOTAINMENT programs)

INTERCOM= (All the rooms in our office are connected through INTERCOM)
BRUNCH= (Due to poverty, I used to have only BRUNCH during my college days)

EMAIL= (Don't forget to EMAIL me as soon as you get there)
GOODBYE= (Hiding the tears that welled out, she bid me GOODBYE)

FANTABULOUS= (Shakira's dance moves are FANTABULOUS)
INTERNET= (Jazz is an Internet SAVVY)

MANIMAL= (How could you stay the whole week with a MANIMAL like Martin?)
MOPED= (MOPEDS were in vogue till a few years ago in India)

MOTORCADE= (It was the President's MOTORCADE that glided by just now)
TELECAST= (The match will be TELECAST simultanously to nearly 150 cities)

WORKAHOLIC= (Susane's husband is a WORKAHOLIC. He never reaches home before midnight)
WIKIPEDIA= (WIKIPEDIA is today more popular than the Encyclopedia Britanica)

ADVERTAINMENT= (Did you watch the recent ADVERTAINMENT of "Close-Up'?)
BLOG= (He has been BLOGGing on the subject for the last 3 years)

CAMCODER= (CAMCODER is one of the most exciting inventions of modern electronics)
CINEPLEX= (A number of modern CINEPLEXES are cropping up in my country)

FORTNIGHT= (This magazine comes FORTNIGHTLY)
HINGLISH= (HINGLISH is more common than English in India!)

1 comment:

Pooja said...

Dear Sir,

Congratulations!
Do you Know "Everybody wants something for nothing". You are spreading education wthout selfish motives. This blog is unique in itself. May God gives you the strength to do it for a long time. Best wishes,

Pooja