Sunday, May 9, 2010

WOULD RATHER

'Would rather' means 'would prefer to'.

I would rather stay stay with you tonight. (I would prefer to stay with you tonight) 
I would rather join army.
She would rather accompany you guys.
We would rather migrate to America.

Would you rather spend some time with me?
Would you rather stay here or go home?
How about a drink? I would rather have something to eat.

The negative form is 'would rather not'
Example:
I would rather not go out tonight. (correct)
I would not rather go out tonight. (incorrect)


She would rather not go to the USA.
They would rather not take supper with us tonight.

                                                                                                                                                                                   

Jacob (Nova English Campus)

No comments: