Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Do you mind me talking loudly?

'Do you mind if I smoke here now?' can also be written or spoken as 'Do you mind me smoking here?. And also notice the use of the object pronoun 'me' in the sentence. 'Mind' means 'dislike'.

More examples:
Do you mind me talking loudly? (Do you mind if I talk loudly?)
Do you mind me being irregular to the classes?

We don't mind you coming late.
They don't mind us spending lavishly.
Will they mind me asking their age?
Does their boss mind them gossipping?
I never mind anyone criticising me.

                                                                                                                                                    
                                                                                                                                                                    
Jacob (Nova English Campus)

No comments: