Sunday, April 10, 2011

YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM PMD, AREN'T YOU?


Post modem depression (PMD) is a kind of depression that some people suffer from when they realise they are unable to access the Internet. In other words, it is the sadness that you feel when you are unable to access the Net.

If you are an Internet addict, you may go into a post modem depression on various occasions for example, if you have ever happened to stay with your relatives or friends who are living in a remote area where there is no Internet access, you probably have experienced PMD. You may also go into such a depression when you cannot access the Net on your PC or cell phone due to some technical snag.

In this modern era of aggressive social networking on Facebook, Twitter, Orkut etc, the number of people who suffer from PMD is increasing alarmingly. I am sure that many of you frequently suffer from bouts of post modem depression, don’t you? Frankly speaking, quite often, I do.

More examples of the expression:

“My cousin Mohan went into a post modem depression when he visited me in my village. He wanted to update his Facebook account, but he just couldn't log in. He was so depressed; he didn't talk to me for a couple of hours.”

“My colleague Sam is a Facebook-addict. He often suffers from PMD whenever his dial-up Internet connection is too slow or fails completely. I advised him to get a broadband connection.”

“Watching TV or listening to music is sometimes helpful in getting rid of post modem depression

7 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! that is a one of latest word. Nice to use frequently...

Eva said...

Good knowledge, Binu. It's a disease or not? I also feel PMD in life.
By P Chouhan

Unknown said...

nice article , Jacob. u do a lot of research?

Pooja said...

Good attempt. A unique article. keep up ji:-)

Unknown said...

M speecless!!!
simply awesome!:)

Angel said...

Writer is this true? Then,thanks for the information ,i just know it now!!! My, i am one of it? So shameful but that is so true.. so disturbed if net would not be around.
But you did not write remedies for it? I think i need to find it by myself..

JACOBSIELTS said...

thanks, Angel. As far as I know, there's no single remedy working for all the people with PMD. Just as u r, I am also a couch potato - to a great extent!